NextEra Energy Resources and parent company, NextEra Energy, Inc., are recognized leaders in clean energy and environmental responsiveness.
NextEra Energy: Environmental Responsiveness
NextEra Energy: Company Recognition
- Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies; No. 1 among electric and gas utilities (2007-2014)
- Ethisphere magazine World's Most Ethical Companies (2007-2011), (2013-2016)
- Named to the Forbes “100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America” (2015)
- In 2016, joined the S&P 100 Index, a subset of 100 large cap, blue chip companies within the S&P 500
- Named in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
- Human Resource Executive magazine listed FPL Group as one of 50 U.S. and International companies most admired in four categories of human resources attributes: people management, innovation, product/service quality and management quality.
NextEra Energy Resources: A commitment to environmental excellence
- NextEra Energy Resources, another subsidiary of our parent NextEra Energy, Inc., incorporates environmental stewardship into the design, construction, operation and maintenance of its facilities.
- Company leadership also is committed to ensuring that the growing demand for power is met in an environmentally responsible manner.
- NextEra Energy Resources wind facilities enabled customers who purchased renewable attributes to reduce the following amounts of 2008 emissions that otherwise would have been released into the atmosphere:
- Nearly 13 million tons of carbon dioxide
- More than 30,000 tons of sulfur dioxide
- More than 19,000 tons of nitrogen oxides